I am a fully qualified, experienced, fun, successful and professional DBS-checked teacher, specialising in Maths, 11+ and selective school entrance exams. Specific skills are taught aiming to boost students’ knowledge and teach them key concepts, in addition to providing them with a strong grounding in examination techniques and test preparation.
I am a professional tutor based in Offham, Kent. I now specialise in private 11+ and selective school tutoring, having taught in mainstream education for 5 years. I teach on a 1:1 basis ensuring children have a personalised plan for their learning. I am fully qualified and DBS-checked.
An intensive, creative writing workshop designed to help children in Years 6 and 7, plan, structure and improve essay writing, in order to gain maximum marks.
Although many children are imaginative and have wonderful ideas, they often struggle with time restraints and getting started.
Throughout the morning, children will be given top tips, strategies and suggestions to help improve their writing skills.
It will be held on a Saturday in September, in order to give children the maximum amount of time to perfect these skills before the independent school exams. Workshop material will be available to download from the link to Creative Writing Workshop course materials on this website.
The workshop starts at 10.00am and finishes at 12.15pm.
Your child will need to bring an A4 hardback book, 3 sharpened pencils and a ruler. They will require water, and you may wish to supply a snack.
Full payment is required one month in advance, is non-refundable, and non-transferable.
Please note that a non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of booking to guarantee your child’s place. This will be offset against the total cost.
Should you wish to book, please follow the process below:
- Click on the day in September if spaces are showing as available (if they are red, unfortunately there are no spaces left)
- Fill in the form that appears to the right of the page including the child’s name
- Click the Book Now button
- If your booking request has been successful there will be an acknowledgement in green saying “Your request has been successfully sent. Please wait for approval”
- Confirmation of your booking, if successful, will be sent by email. This commits you to paying the full cost a month prior to the start of the workshop, unless cancellation is received in writing no less than 28 days before the course start date
- You will receive another email nearer the time with further details of the morning, including location, what to bring, how to make payment etc.
Thank you for your booking.