We run mock exam sessions for the Kent Test and Sevenoaks Schools, with timed papers in exam conditions in line with recent past content/structure.
A big part of your child’s success in any exam is staying calm and performing to the best of their ability. These mock tests can help with overcoming exam day nerves, building confidence, perfecting exam technique and highlighting any aspect of test conditions that may cause your child to feel uneasy. It will also give experience of potential distractions (e.g. invigilator movements, other pupils coughing etc.), time management, management of toilet breaks and reading/listening to formal instructions etc.
Easter Mock Exams (aimed at Year 5 pupils) are held in April. They are designed to test their knowledge at this crucial midway point in the academic year. Please note that the English and Maths exams are separate 1 hour papers at this half year stage. This better enables us to identify any areas needing improvement. Personal tutoring can thereafter be tailored specifically to cover and overcome any unfamiliar topics in plenty of time. Verbal Reasoning and Non Verbal Reasoning are given as a joint 1 hour mock exam paper.
August Mock Exams (designed for Year 5/6 pupils), are available to book on 2 separate days. Each of these 2 days has different exam material so your child could attend one day or both days if they wanted additional practice. Marked papers and detailed feedback will be given plus any relevant target areas for improvements etc. English and Maths is a joint 1 hour paper, as is Reasoning, mirroring the format of last year’s exam.
December/January Mock Exams (designed for Year 6/7 pupils) are held for those pupils about to sit an independent schools exam in January.
Payment for all mock exam days is required 6weeks -2 months in advance and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
|EASTER MOCK EXAMS|
|10:15 - 11:15||Maths|
|11:15 - 11:30||Break|
|11:30 - 12:30||English|
|12:30 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 14:00||VR/NVR|
|14.15||End of session|
|AUGUST KENT TEST MOCK EXAMS|
|10:00 - 11:00||Maths/English|
|11:00 - 11:15||Break|
|11:15 - 12:15||VR/NVR|
|12:30||End of session|
|DECEMBER MOCK EXAMS|
|10:15 - 11:30||English|
|11:30 - 11:50||Break|
|11:50 - 12:55||Maths|
|12:55 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 14:15||VR Tuition|
|14:15 - 14:30||Break|
|14:30 - 15:00||VR Tuition|
|15:15||End of session|
If you would like to book any/ all of the days please follow the process below:
- Click on the date/dates you would like if spaces are showing as green and available (If they are red, there are no spaces available, so please check the following week or contact me via this website as I may be running additional dates due to demand)
- Fill in the form that appears to the right of the page including the child’s name
- Click the Book Now button (You will need to book each day individually)
- If your booking request has been successful, there will be an acknowledgement in green saying “Your request has been successfully sent. Please wait for approval”
- Confirmation of your booking will be sent via email. This commits you to paying the full cost of the exam days no less than 2 months prior to their dates.
- You will receive another email nearer the time with further details, including venue, etc.
Thank you for your booking.