I am a fully qualified, experienced, fun, successful and professional DBS-checked teacher, specialising in Maths, 11+ and selective school entrance exams. Specific skills are taught aiming to boost students’ knowledge and teach them key concepts, in addition to providing them with a strong grounding in examination techniques and test preparation.
I am a professional tutor based in Offham, Kent. I now specialise in private 11+ and selective school tutoring, having taught in mainstream education for 5 years. I teach on a 1:1 basis ensuring children have a personalised plan for their learning. I am fully qualified and DBS-checked.
This small group course of up to 12 children is run in Sevenoaks by myself and Victoria Hunt. It will provide exam preparation for independent schools in Sevenoaks and the local area, and takes place over 4 days at the end of December/beginning of January. It is aimed at children in Years 6 and 7 who are planning to take an independent school exam. Its purpose is to provide structured, essential, understandable information across the relevant topics and it is delivered in a fun yet professional manner.
It is delivered in a series of lessons focussing on the fundamentals, making higher level concepts understandable and attainable. The small group size means that it has the intimacy of a 1:1 lesson, with step by step demonstrations, helpful tips and examples to practise.
Handouts and revision notes will be available to download via the link to Independent Schools course materials on this website.
Your child will need to bring an A4 hardback book, 3 sharpened pencils and a ruler. They will also require a packed lunch/snacks and water for each day they attend.
Full payment is required at least 2 months in advance, and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please note that a non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of booking to guarantee your child’s place on this course. This will be offset against the final cost of the course.
|Day 1||Verbal Reasoning & Mock Exams||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 2||Advanced Maths||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 3||Comprehension||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 4||Creative Writing & Interviews||10:00 - 15:15|
If you would like to book any/all of the days please follow the process below:
- Click on the day/dates in December if spaces are showing as available (if they are red there are no spaces left so please contact me via this website as I may be running additional dates due to demand). If you click in the small i (information) it will tell you what is covered on each day.
- Fill in the form that appears to the right of the page including the child’s name
- Click the Book Now button (You will need to book each day individually)
- If your booking request has been successful there will be an acknowledgement in green saying “Your request has been successfully sent. Please wait for approval”
- Confirmation of your booking, if successful, will be sent by email. This commits you to paying the full cost 2 months prior to the start of the course, unless cancellation is received in writing no less than 2 months before the course start date
- You will receive another email nearer the time with further details of the course, including location, what to bring etc.
Thank you for your booking.