I am a fully qualified, experienced, fun, successful and professional DBS-checked teacher, specialising in Maths, 11+ and selective school entrance exams. Specific skills are taught aiming to boost students’ knowledge and teach them key concepts, in addition to providing them with a strong grounding in examination techniques and test preparation.
I am a professional tutor based in Offham, Kent. I now specialise in private 11+ and selective school tutoring, having taught in mainstream education for 5 years. I teach on a 1:1 basis ensuring children have a personalised plan for their learning. I am fully qualified and DBS-checked.
This small group course is run in Sevenoaks by myself and Victoria Hunt. The timing and content is designed to sharpen pupil’s knowledge and skills just ahead of the Kent test and/or independent exams, including the ISEB test. It covers exam techniques and the topics tested in previous exams to date and is designed to maximise your child’s results and confidence. The onus is very much on having fun while working hard.
The 6-day August course is delivered in a series of lessons focussing on the fundamentals, making concepts understandable and attainable, but without taking any shortcuts. The teacher/pupil ratio and small group sizes mean that it has the intimacy of a 1:1 lesson, with step by step demonstrations, helpful tips and examples to practise.
Handouts and revision notes will be available to download from the link to Summer Course materials on this website, once your child’s place has been confirmed and paid for.
Each day starts at 10.00am and finishes at 3.15pm.
The full course duration is 6 days and is aimed at Year 5 and year 6 pupils.
Your child will need to bring an A4 hardback book, 3 sharpened pencils and a ruler. They will also require a packed lunch/snacks and water for each day they attend.
Full payment is required 2 months in advance, is non-refundable, and non-transferable.
* Please note that a non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of booking, in order to guarantee your child’s place on this course. This will be offset against the final cost of the course.
|Day 1||Maths 1||Number, Algebra, Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, Ratio & Proportion||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 2||Maths 2||Space, Shape, Measure & Data Handling||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 3||English 1||Grammar & Punctuation||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 4||English 2||Spelling & Reading Comprehension||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 5||Reasoning 1||Verbal Reasoning, Logic & Cloze||10:00 - 15:15|
|Day 6||Reasoning 2||Non-Verbal Reasoning & Spatial Awareness||10:00 - 15:15|
Should you wish to book any/all of the days please follow the process below:
- Click on the date/dates you would like in August if spaces are showing as green and available (if they are red there are no spaces left, so please check the following week or contact me via this website as I may be running additional dates due to demand. If you click on the small i on the calendar date it will tell you what is covered on each day.
- Fill in the form that appears to the right of the page including the child’s name
- Click the Book Now button (you will need to book each day individually)
- If your booking request has been successful there will be an acknowledgement in green saying “Your request has been successfully sent. Please wait for approval”
- Confirmation of your booking will be emailed to you. This commits you to making full payment 2 months prior to the course start date, unless cancellation is received in writing no less than 2 months prior to the start of the course
- You will receive another email nearer the time with further details including venue etc.
Thank you for your booking.